HARDY’s 2020 debut album A ROCK proved a declarative introduction. American Songwriter applauded its “lyrical genius,” Billboard known as it “one of the crucial confident full-length debut albums in years,” becoming a member of The New York Instances in naming the mission to best-of-the-year lists. Incomes a billion on-demand album streams, spending over 106 weeks on the Billboard High Nation Albums chart together with a prime 5 debut, licensed gold by the RIAA, and scoring a chart-winning single or two, followers and critics alike rapidly took discover of a wave of momentum as sturdy and singular because the artist it was lifting.
Now, simply over two years later, HARDY is introducing the subsequent chapter of his critically acclaimed catalog. On his second full-length LP, the mockingbird & THE CROW out January 20 by way of Large Loud Data, he soars into uncharted territory, marrying nation and rock in a two-part, 17-track duality showcase. The “promising purveyor of conserving the spirit of basic heavy Southern rock alive” (American Songwriter) masterfully hones the sounds and themes of each the influences he grew up listening to and the life he grew up residing on an album in contrast to something our format has seen earlier than.
“the mockingbird & THE CROW is, in my view, one of the best factor I’ve made up to now,” HARDY shares. “I had quite a lot of time to get within the weeds making this report with a few of my favourite folks in Nashville, and it really captures each a part of who I’m as an artist. I’m honored that I get to share it with you subsequent 12 months; can’t wait to listen to what you consider it.”
The double-edged mission was recorded between Ocean Method and Blackbird Studios in Nashville, solely produced by Joey Moi with co-production by HARDY and Derek Wells, and co-production on choose tracks by David Garcia, Jordan Schmidt, Ben Johnson, Andrew Wade, Jeremy McKinnon, and Cody Quistad. Utterly co-written by HARDY with a rolodex of Music Row’s most interesting – Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Hillary Lindsey, Jessie Jo Dillon, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt, and extra – the ACM Songwriter of the Yr’s “fearless…distinctive ear” (CMT) is on full show throughout the 17-song sophomore effort.
The nation rocker took to social media to shock followers, asserting a miniature album preview obtainable instantly, releasing three model new songs – “right here lies nation music,” “the mockingbird & THE CROW,” and “TRUCK BED.”
“right here lies nation music” identify drops style tropes, staple hit singles, and stereotypical move instances to create a fictional world the place nation music has performed its final gig. The title monitor transitions the report from the mockingbird to THE CROW, balancing nation and rock sensibilities and pinpointing the essence of the mission. Jacked up and able to keep caught in your head, “TRUCK BED” is an addictive, twisty, rock/pop-infused banger anchored by a refrain as intelligent as it’s catchy: “I awoke on the incorrect aspect of the truck mattress this morning.”
The trio of latest releases be part of present High 35 single “wait within the truck” feat. Lainey Wilson and just-dropped rock single “JACK” throughout all platforms. Hear right here.
HARDY has by no means been only one factor; not simply nation, not simply rock. Not only a songwriter, not simply an artist. He’s a myriad expertise with a present for “synthesizing biography with creativeness to create actual storytelling” (Rolling Stone). And on the mockingbird & THE CROW, he proves it.
the mockingbird & THE CROW Monitor Record
1. beer (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)
2. pink feat. Morgan Wallen (Michael Hardy, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jacob Rice)
3. wait within the truck feat. Lainey Wilson (Michael Hardy, Renee Blair, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt) ^
4. drink one for me (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps)
5. i in nation (Michael Hardy, Smith Ahnquist, Nick Donley, Jake Mitchell, Hunter Phelps)
6. display (Michael Hardy, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt Dragstrem, Hunter Phelps)
7. comfortable (Michael Hardy)
8. right here lies nation music (Michael Hardy, Cole Taylor, Brett Tyler, Will Weatherly)
9. the mockingbird & THE CROW (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brett Tyler) ^
10. SOLD OUT (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
11. JACK (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
12. TRUCK BED (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps) +
13. .30-06 (Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery, Hunter Phelps)
14. I AIN’T IN THE COUNTRY NO MORE (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
15. RADIO SONG feat. Jeremy McKinnon (Michael Hardy, Zach Abend, Nick Donley, Jeremy McKinnon, Cody Quistad)~
16. KILL SH!T TILL I DIE (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
17. THE REDNECK SONG (Michael Hardy, Andy Albert, Nick Donley)
All songs produced by Joey Moi
All songs co-produced by Derek Wells and HARDY
* co-produced by David Garcia
^ co-produced by Jordan Schmidt
+ co-produced by Ben Johnson
~ co-produced by Andrew Wade, Jeremy McKinnon, and Cody Quistad